Thursday, April 2, 2009

Naanum nayum


on seeing this title don't imagine that i love dogs

the dogs have played a vital role in making me a tenali. how?...........................

i have phobias and i will categorize it into indoor and outdoor

indoor phobia - c
outdoor phobia -d

regarding 'c' kumar has almost told all my adventures.

outdoor phobia - i narrate some incidents.

when i was in third std one day myself and rajam went to her friend's(niranjana) house located near sona college to get some books . we both casually entered their gate. suddenly a Pomeranian came running towards us . we didn't expect that. we both ran in two directions rajam ran into a nearby paddy field , i went to the road but still it was chasing me there was a light post in the road i climbed five feet in the post and safeguarded me then slowly when the dog disappeared we both ran to our house as if the dog was still chasing. (this is true you can verify with rajam).

one early morning i was going to busstand from ntc colony with ravi in a moped. suddenly a stray dog started chasing our vehicle in full speed i was driving and in panic i lost the balance and we fell with a big bang on hearing this thunder sound the dog frightened and ran in full speed in the opposite direction. (i think the dog was afraid of ravi) this all happenned inside the colony.

evennow i have this dog phobia while going for a morning walk i don't walk in small lanes because chances of dogs are more so i go only in busy roads if i spot a dog i will see the size if it is nonjan i will proceed further otherwise i will aboutturn.

i think pothum romba eluthina ungulukkum bayam vandhidum.

indu said if i had run in olympics i would have got a medal , i said no dogs are allowed inside (chasing)

12 comments:

Padma said...

hi
welcome to blogger's world!a good start!U ve narrated well!i think our family is full of phobias.even i am afraid of dogs,in ahmedabad i was returning from aditya's school after dropping him at morning 7.30.it was winter .so nobody was there in that society at that time.the dog literally was behind me.i started "Sai Japam' .i was so tensed and i shouted in such a way that my heart popped out of my mouth;-)but thoongumunji people never came out even to see what is happening.luckily that dog stopped on hearing my loud voice:-) and i returned home & thanked GOD!..Keep Blogging! and come out with such good memories.

KRISH said...

thank u for ur comment paravala nayakuda madhichu eluthinudhukku.

Raja said...

Hi Krish..
Nice blog..I am able to recollect the second incident in which Ravi and you fell down from the moped when dog chased you near A-14. I think you both came back that morning to treat your 'vizhu pun' or 'veera gayam'! or Ravi told about this on his return from the bus stand.

I did not have any dog chase experience as such. But back in the 1990's when I started jogging in the mornings, I always walked for the first 100 meters from my ramanathapuram house to avoid a stray dog group that used to conduct early morning 'panchayat' in the street corner. Those dogs followed me(not chase) once when I disobeyed their 'marching orders'! Ever since, I walked until Alvernia convent and then started my jog. However, I did try this once. I stopped and picked a stone. The stray group ran away .. Knowing this I started carrying a stone in my shorts while jogging, carrying an additional load!

Rajendra said...

Very good narration. Could imagine it all happening.
I too am terribly afraid of D. I like to jog on the roads covering several miles. However the sight of dogs make me stop & cant go any further. carrying stones in the pocket is an old trick I still follow :)

KRISH said...

rajendra, thanks for the comments you look so brave but you are afraid of d ?
when i saw your pocket bulging i thought you r having one or two cellphones now only i know that it is only stones.

KRISH said...

raja thank u, i think everyone has, to someextent aversion to dogs but i think i am the only person who has narrated in a blog.
what about US dogs. you won't find stones.

Raja said...

Krish..here in the US there aren't any stray dogs outside. Most of the dogs are pets . However, I don't mind getting bitten by a pet dog..I have seen people sue owners to get millions in compensation for dog bite cases!

Nandakumar said...

Welcome to bloggers club.

Pay some entry fee to Padma first.....She is the 'Don' of our family's bloggers.

Your narrations about dogs are really good.

So 'C' phobia and 'D' phobia are written.What is next?'E'phobia???? Elephant! Ravi can write about this as he has encountered lot of elephants during his trips Mysore to Coimbatore.

SVK... Do you remember the 'Kutti potta kilattu nai in my Pondy house'.To drive it u tried all means... including throwing a big wooden plank from upstairs...

The 'nayagan' story is refreshing.good

Padma said...

oh! thank u kumar chittapps for honoring me with "blogger don" of our family.I called appa,prasanna over phone,sent scraps to u and sent mail to Raja for marketing the blog!ellaarukkum serndhu uzhaikkiren!so i accept the title with full modesty.ofcourse i will accept the mamool also with great modesty;-)

Prasanna's Pen Speaks ... said...

Hi krish....I also had Dog phobia before marriage.. but it was the reacting phobia.... but after marriage it became suppressed phobia.B cos my mamanar loves dogs verymuch... In tambaram house we had a very big German shepord dog... my mamanar gets angry if I call it as dog. Daily he goes walking with Jhansi the dog.Before ayear jhansi died and it was burried under the lemon tree of our house...ana my mamanar said before this they had about seven varities of dogs...and all were buried under diff trees... imagine myself..you people are with dog phobia and I am with dog AAVI.. phobia...In tambaram they again purchased a new Rajapalayam dog....

Ravishankar said...

As i remember Dog finally ran away because it got another coustmer (victim) for it s funny early morning chase.

Raja said...

Prasanna..interesting story of your Tambaram house..Did they plant a new lemon tree for the rajapalayam dog as well? (just kidding)..let it live a long life...